What a wonderful vacation we had up on Lake of the Woods! And the Sunset Lodge team contributed greatly to make it comfortable, organized and very pleasant!
It would be just to name all those great folks who helped us feel special and privileged:
- Megan, who is a great resort manager, polite, well organized, kind and professional;
- Senior Caputo, who is a great Chef and, besides, very friendly guy (amongst us two he went by the nick-name "caput to our diet". Gee! That first evening meal is what I call a RACK of ribs, I can tell you!);
- Jonathan, Dustin and Tyler - wonderful dock boys, smiley and hard working, skilled and easy going;
- Tracy and Noel, who were serving our table, bringing our meals, always with smiles and a few kind words;
- Sharon, who works "behind the scenes", but we know well that it is her effort in keeping cabins and condos exceptionally clean and pleasant to stay at;
- Nick, who "mans the fort' when everyone is busy elsewhere; equally capable to mix drinks, filleting fish and sneaking on my best fishing spots (I saw you scouting the Four Blocks when I was fishing there);
- Ray, who is a great guy to talk about fish and fishing and who helped me to fix one of my St. Croix rods...
- others who deserve thanks too, but due to my memory faults, I haven't memorized names of.
It has been only a week since we came back home from Lake of the Woods. But, my God, how do we miss is already! We miss the majesty and vastness ofthat primeval land, smell and sounds of the lake and woods, sniffing of the "neighborhood's" bear under our bedroom windows, voice of the snorting moose hidden behind small bay's woody canvas and the rush of pelicans when there is a feeding time at the Sunset Lodge! I hope we will be at the Sunset Lodge again - perhaps in December and then in June/July for sure!
<<...>> <<...>> <<...>> <<...>> <<...>> <<...>> <<...>> <<...>>
Serge and Marina Novitsky.