26 3/4" walleye, two 19" walleyes and 14" & 13" perch. Dan, Jordyn 9, and Addison 6 Whebbe. "Thanks for the memories.
Thank you for the wonderful weekend of fishing. Everyone was great from the guides to the lodge staff. We really enjoyed the fishing and the condo! Here are some of our favorite pictures.
-Josh and Kristin Engelmann
One of the things I vividly remember is the ride through the woods on Oak Island in the Bombardier. It was fun to start the day seeing fresh Timberwolf and deer tracks.
Once we got to the warm ice house, limits of walleye came easily, with our best day totaling 66 fish.
Your staff is impressive...especially Doug. We had his cell phone number and he encouraged us to call him if we needed anything, so we did. We were in distress (out of beer). Within an hour he brought us a fresh 12 pack of Michelob Golden. Doug's a keeper!"
"We caught lots of walleye in the 16-18 inch range."
"At the end of the day, everyone gathers in the cozy fish-cleaning house. It's exciting to see all of the walleye everyone's caught! It turns into a fish cleaning party."
"The lodge and restaurant are 5 star phenomenal. It was always a great way to end the day, eating walleye."
-Thanks again Sunset crew! Scott and Mike
Hello, Sunset Lodge team!
I would like thank you for a wonderful winter vacation that my wife Marina and I had at the Sunset Lodge in late December (26th-29th). I would like to express our gratitude to all those who made it special for us:
- Mark - for helping with reservation and excellent cabin choice for us.
- Brooke - for sending us good directions to the Sunset location along with all other things about crossing border between Canada and US back and forth and helping us later in the lodge restaurant
- Scott - for his warm welcome upon arrival and help with getting around the camp and its “way of life” in a manner of speaking, and especially for his assistance with starting my diesel Volkswagen Touareg when it was -36F on the morning of departure!
- Doug for his great Bombardier driving skills, cleaning our fish nicely, his guiding service in ice-fishing, and especially for placing us in the sleeper ice-shack vs. regular fishing shack, which was highly appreciated (especially) by my wife.
- Brad, for his excellent cooking skills, passion about Muskie fishing and friendly manners. Food was very good! Man that was the best bacon I ate in many a year, not to mention perfectly fried walleye filets, juicy pork steaks and wonderfully grilled chicken!
I apologize for not mentioning names others – my memory is not as good as it used to be – I should have written this note earlier so my recollections would be fresher. Nonetheless, I would like to thank other individuals too.
We are looking forward to our next year winter adventure and good time at the Sunset Lodge!
Serge and Marina Novitsky
"My wife and I took our three kids (16, 14, and 9) to Sunset lodge between Christmas and New Years. We had a blast! We all fished the first full day then my son and I fished a second half day. On the full day we caught 36 'eyes up to 23 inches, a sauger, a tullibee, and a MONSTER lake trout up to the hole but broke the line. Everyone caught fish and despite being -35 degrees the fish house was warm-no jackets required. Second(1/2) day my son and I caught 8 'eyes with the biggest being 27 inches. The staff was friendly and helpful, cabins homey and the knotty pine lodge and full bar was fun to hang out at with other customers and staff. Our kids had no cell coverage and I definitely think you should add that to your sell sheet! It was fantastic to be technologically disconnected and they found that it is possible to have fun without being "plugged in". Your lodge comes with our highest recommendation.
Thank you so much for a wonderful get away!
Thank you and keep them coming! Submit your testimonials at firstname.lastname@example.org