Greetings from Sunset Lodge!
We hope you are all enjoying the beautiful spring weather. We re-opened after ice out on May 15th and it’s been great seeing new & familiar faces for our open water fishing season!
Because the Prime Minister of Canada released another border closure extension until June 21st, our guests are unable to drive up the to NW Angle to launch their own boats or to take our Young’s Bay shuttle over to Oak Island. We are also not allowed to fish in Canadian waters during this border closure.
You still have options to vacation & fish the NW Angle!
1. Take a boat shuttle up from the south end of Lake of the Woods.
2. Take your own boat up from the south end of Lake of the Woods.
3. Hire a sea plan out of Duluth, MN.
Many of you contacted us to book for May & June and we were unable to accommodate since we were full. Because of the situation we find ourselves in, we now have some openings that we didn’t have previously.
If you would like to check availability for a vacation this year or next, please visit our website and completely fill out the requested information so we can serve you faster.
If you currently have a reservation and would like to postpone to later in the season or to next summer, please email us with alternate dates or your mailing address for a deposit refund. Please note: We will refund deposits for any new or existing reservations due to COVID-19 related changes.
What are we doing to protect you?
• Our restaurant and bar will not be able to open before June 1st pending any extension by the state, but we will still offer to-go food and off-sale beer and liquor!
• We are offering sanitary meal kits including: Dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, or anything else you may require that can be checked out from the lodge by request. We also have a pavilion that is available for fish frys and grilling to one group at a time, located to the south of the lodge.
• General appliance such as microwaves, coffee pots and toasters will remain in the units and will be sanitized and rotated after each group. We also have grills available throughout the resort.
• We strive to provide you with a clean and comfortable environment in your cabin/condo, with this in mind we ask that our guests do not arrive before check-in time which is 2 PM. We will be making beds for our guests with freshly washed and sanitized linens. Pillows and comforters will only be provided at request; however, we do ask that you strip your own bed at the end of your stay and place it in the provided laundry bag.
• Please keep in mind that not only are we trying to keep you safe but also our small amount of staff and residents of the Angle.
We are receiving a high volume of calls every day, and it is very taxing on the small staff that we do employ. If you call and receive a busy signal, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Email is the best way to reach us.
We appreciate your business so much, keep on keepin’ on. We will save some fish for you:)
The Crew at Sunset Lodge