"Hello, Sunset Lodge team!
I would like thank you for a wonderful winter vacation that my wife Marina and I had at the Sunset Lodge in late December (26th-29th). I would like to express our gratitude to all those who made it special for us:
- Mark - for helping with reservation and excellent cabin choice for us.
- Brooke - for sending us good directions to the Sunset location along with all other things about crossing border between Canada and US back and forth and helping us later in the lodge restaurant
- Scott - for his warm welcome upon arrival and help with getting around the camp and its “way of life” in a manner of speaking, and especially for his assistance with starting my diesel Volkswagen Touareg when it was -36F on the morning of departure!
- Doug for his great Bombardier driving skills, cleaning our fish nicely, his guiding service in ice-fishing, and especially for placing us in the sleeper ice-shack vs. regular fishing shack, which was highly appreciated (especially) by my wife.
- Brad, for his excellent cooking skills, passion about Muskie fishing and friendly manners. Food was very good! Man that was the best bacon I ate in many a year, not to mention perfectly fried walleye filets, juicy pork steaks and wonderfully grilled chicken!
I apologize for not mentioning names others – my memory is not as good as it used to be – I should have written this note earlier so my recollections would be fresher. Nonetheless, I would like to thank other individuals too.
We are looking forward to our next year winter adventure and good time at the Sunset Lodge!
Serge and Marina Novitsky."